Agriculture Students Inducted Into the National Delta Tau Alpha Agriculture Honor Society
EKU’s Department of Agriculture is proud to announce that eight new students were inducted into the Delta Tau Alpha (DTA) Agriculture Honor Society. The DTA Honor Society serves to promote and recognize scholarship and leadership accomplishments of agriculture students while emphasizing character development, career preparation, and the promotion of agriculture.
The initiation ceremony was held Wednesday, September 14, in the EKU A.B. Carter Building. Students were selected based on GPA, character, leadership, and class standing. Pictured above are back row from left to right: Monica Engle, Dylan Jernigan, Samantha Randolph, and Curtis Spencer; front row from left to right: Haley Lanham, Kelly Armour, Larken Jones, and Logan Holland.
- Kelly Armour - Junior, Agricultural Education from Butler, Ky.
- Monica Engle - Junior, Animal Science from Gray, Ky.
- Logan Holland - Junior, Agribusiness Management from Whitesburg, Ky.
- Dylan Jernigan - Senior, Animal Science from Oxford, Oh.
- Larken Jones - Sophomore, Pre-Veterinary Medicine from Richmond, Ky.
- Haley Lanham - Sophomore, Agribusiness Management from Perryville, Ky.
- Samantha Randolph - Sophomore, Pre-Veterinary Medicine from Somerset, Ky.
- Curtis Spencer - Senior, Animal Science from Richmond, Ky.
Two EKU chapter officers for the 2016-17 year are serving at the National level. Sydney Kleinert and Bethany McKinney are serving as National DTA President and Secretary, respectively. The Chapter also elected Zach Poynter as Vice President, Ben Smith as Treasurer, Kayla Patrick as Reporter, and Brian Hasty as Parliamentarian. Photo caption, l-r: (back) Ben Smith, Zach Poynter, Brian Hasty; (front) Dr. Sexten, Sydney Kleinert, Kayla Patrick, Bethany McKinney.
Contact Dr. Andrea Sexten for more on Delta Tau Alpha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published on September 16, 2016