DTA Honor Society Initiates EKU Agriculture Students
EKU's Department of Agriculture is pleased to announce the fall 2017 new initiates into Delta Tau Alpha, an honorary society for agriculture students. The initiation ceremony was held Wednesday, September 20, at the A.B. Carter Building.
Chapter advisor Dr. Andrea Sexten said that students are selected based on GPA, character, leadership ability, and class standing.
- Kendal Bowman (Senior, Fruit and Vegetable Production) - Winchester, KY
- Andrew Cobb (Sophomore, Agribusiness Management) - Bowling Green, KY
- Kelsie Floyd (Sophomore, Pre-Veterinary Medicine) - Ashland, KY
- Keeley Foley (Sophomore, Agricultural Education) - Richmond, KY
- Logan Hobbs (Sophomore, Agriculture Energy Systems Management) - Owenton, KY
- Nicole Kahmann (Junior, Pre-Veterinary Medicine) - Burlington, KY
- Amelia McCoy (Sophomore, Animal Science) - Charleston, IN
- Randa Morris (Junior, Agribusiness Management) - Lancaster, KY
- Jonathan Myers (Sophomore, Agribusiness Management) - Foster, KY
- Lauren Ossege (Sophomore, Pre-Veterinary Medicine) - Fort Thomas, KY
- Alyssa Travis (Junior, Pre-Veterinary Medicine) - Irvine, KY
Officers for the 2017-18 academic year are:
- President: Bethany McKinney, also serving as National DTA President
- Vice President: Logan Holland
- Secretary: Nikki Lanham
- Treasurer: Nicole Fox
- Reporter: Kayla Patrick
- Parliamentarian: Shawn Dore
The EKU chapter is part of the National Honor Society of Delta Tau Alpha (DTA) which promotes and recognizes scholarship and leadership accomplishments of agricultural students while emphasizing character development, enhancing undergraduate preparation for professional positions, and joining with other agricultural student's organizations in the promotion of agriculture.
Photo caption: Back (l-r): Logan Hobbs, Kendall Bowman, Andrew Cobb, Jonathan Myers, Lauren Ossege, and Kelsie Floyd; Front: Amelia McCoy, Nicole Kahmann, Keeley Foley, and Alyssa Travis
Published on September 28, 2017